Applied Business Academy
Foundation Level Certificate in DevOps
Accredited and certified by BCS
About Foundation Level Certificate in DevOps
Develop your understanding of DevOps methodology, tools and practices, and how to deliver applications and services more effectively.
Course Delivery and Support
Classroom training and online learning.
£747 (with exam + VAT) *tbc
Skills you will gain
be able to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and some basic application of the following aspects of DevOps:
Who is it for?
People involved in or implementing the DevOps process, including roles such as DevOps evangelist; automation architect; cloud infrastructure engineer; software developer; software tester; security engineer; database administrator and product owners. Read the syllabus below for a more complete list of roles.
BCS is on a mission to ensure everyone’s experience with technology is positive by raising standards of competence and conduct across the IT industry and tackling the ethical challenges. BCS is built on 5 strategic pillars:
- Supporting careers
- Sharing Expertise
- Improving Education
- Influencing Practice
- Driving Standards
- Understand the traditional IT challenges that exist, which have allowed DevOps to emerge as the most logical way to operate in an IT environment.
- Show understanding of the various Agile practices that compliment a DevOps way of working.
- Understand the various models that explain how teams operate differently, depending on the circumstances and context, and how teams may be better equipped to succeed within the right culture.
- Explain what Continuous Integration (CI) is and why it is vital for any organisation looking to reduce their time to market, with a regular cadence of deliverable working software.
- Apply techniques to maximise flow optimisation within a team.
- Understand how product goals should be clearly aligned with business goals, to ensure that value is being added.
- Explain why collaboration is vital for DevOps success and what can be done to ensure that collaboration remains consistent throughout a product delivery.
- Explain the practices of both Continuous Integration (CI) and Testing and Deployment, detailing how they work together to formulate the technical excellence required for DevOps delivery teams.
- Explain what DevOps topologies and Target Operating Models (TOM) are and why an organisation might use them as part of their DevOps transformation.
Get ready for a promising career in the top industries
IT Support Services are required in every industry and across all verticals as this qualification is recognized by all leading hardware, software sellers, vendors, resellers, distributors or publishers.
Excellent Training, Very Hands on. Fun learning Environment. Blended Learning was very good. I enjoyed the Practicals. Would highly recommend.
One of the most helpful and resourceful training centre with friendly staff greetings and over 10 years experienced tutors sharing their job prospects giving us real opportunity to get an insight into my aspiring IT job role. The teaching style is unique and would leave you hungry for more. I would definitely recommend this course.
Hello! my name is Alex and I am currently an apprentice for Applied Business Academy since September 2018. My key passion in life is to have a successful career in the Marketing and Advertising industry and for me, apprenticeships are a great starting point for anyone interested in earning whilst learning. I decided to choose a Digital Marketing Apprenticeship because it was the closest to what I wanted to learn about as well as learning things like Google Analytics which I probably wouldn't have come across before. The journey so far has been really beneficial as not only have I been getting real-life experiences that can be used as evidence I am now learning how to communicate, deal with clients and work in a professional manner. The most interesting aspect of this apprenticeship so far would be understanding the backbones of social media and how marketing is a huge part of making these platforms such a big success.
I have been a freelancer for so many years and my passion for learning something new brought me to applied business academy. I enrolled myself on their IT Diploma programme and it has been a rewarding journey so far. I’ve learned a lot and through practical application of the learning, I have gained valuable IT support skills. I’ve joined the weekend class and if I find it hard to cope, I am given the option to come anytime on weekdays to get one to one support from a qualified IT assessor. I would strongly recommend this level 2 course for anyone who wish to learn the basics of IT support and how to become 1st line support technician! A huge thumbs up to the team at ABA!
I was planning on not going to university and wanted to experience the world of work, expand on my skills and knowledge. Apprenticeships are a great way to get into work, to build from the ground up and gives you a chance to earn while you learn. I gained a lot of knowledge about digital marketing during my time in ABA. It really opened my eyes on what it will feel like to work in a professional environment everyday and I have improved a lot of skills over the period of time. The people are awesome and really friendly. The atmosphere at the office was fantastic; I got on well with everyone in my group. I would surely recommend it to anyone who wants to start a career in marketing.
Getting into the IT sector is a hard gateway, but if like myself, you have the same passion and determination alongside the right training provider and helpful people then it makes life a lot easier. For me, I had little knowledge and experience in IT, but as I said before I had the drive that I always wanted to go into IT. Hence when the IT diploma programme was offered to me by Applied Business Academy, I jumped at the opportunity. So far we have completed 5 weeks of the programme, and I have to admit for me it is going fantastically, for many reasons. Such as there is also the Virtual Learning Environment for me to study anytime at my own convenience, it is fun and the staff ae amazing! Whilst most my think that system support and hardware is for men, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the class was a wholesome mixture of both men and women.