Applied Business Academy
Foundation Level Certificate in DevOps
Accredited and certified by BCS
Sign up today
Course Delivery and Support
Classroom training and online learning.
£747 (with exam + VAT) *tbc
Skills you will gain
Culture and teams
Practices and techniques
Methods and approaches for teams
Who is it for?
People involved in or implementing the DevOps process, including roles such as DevOps evangelist; automation architect; cloud infrastructure engineer; software developer; software tester; security engineer; database administrator and product owners. Read the syllabus below for a more complete list of roles.
BCS is on a mission to ensure everyone’s experience with technology is positive by raising standards of competence and conduct across the IT industry and tackling the ethical challenges. BCS is built on 5 strategic pillars:
Get ready with a superior advantage for your career
Foundation Level Certificate in DevOps course curriculum
- Understand the traditional IT challenges that exist, which have allowed DevOps to emerge as the most logical way to operate in an IT environment.
Benefits of DevOps
- Show understanding of the various Agile practices that compliment a DevOps way of working.
- Understand the various models that explain how teams operate differently, depending on the circumstances and context, and how teams may be better equipped to succeed within the right culture.
- Explain what Continuous Integration (CI) is and why it is vital for any organisation looking to reduce their time to market, with a regular cadence of deliverable working software.
- Apply techniques to maximise flow optimisation within a team.
- Understand how product goals should be clearly aligned with business goals, to ensure that value is being added.
- Explain why collaboration is vital for DevOps success and what can be done to ensure that collaboration remains consistent throughout a product delivery.
Common DevOps practices and techniques
- Explain the practices of both Continuous Integration (CI) and Testing and Deployment, detailing how they work together to formulate the technical excellence required for DevOps delivery teams.
Relevant methods and approaches for DevOps teams
- Explain what DevOps topologies and Target Operating Models (TOM) are and why an organisation might use them as part of their DevOps transformation.