Applied Business Academy Industry driven
Digital marketing apprenticeship
About Digital Marketing Apprenticeship – Level 3
14 - 18 Months
Levy and non-levy funding options
This is a level 3 apprenticeship that takes typically 14 months to complete. A Digital marketer uses online and social media platforms to design, build and implement campaigns and drive customer sales. This industry driven apprenticeship will prepare you to define, design, build and implement digital campaigns across a variety of online and social media platforms to drive customer acquisition, customer engagement and customer retention. As a Digital marketer you will typically be working as part of a team, in which you will take up responsibility of some elements. Generally, you will report to a digital marketing manager, a marketing manager or an IT Manager in some cases.
Course Delivery and Support
How to be the most sought out Digital Marketer Apprentice?
Also save upto 100% through funding
5 Reasons you should choose
Digital Marketing Apprenticeship from Applied Business Aacademy
Why take this apprenticeship?
This is the age of social media and individuals are striving to make a mark in the Digital space. Company’s success is measured by how many people follow them, like their posts and comment on their walls, making it a race to achieve digital recognition. This means an ever increasing need for talented digital marketers.
Beauty of an apprenticeship is in the fact that it combines the best of all worlds – training, experience and chance to earn. As an apprenticeship you will be employed alongside experienced staff, learning very specific job skills, earning a wage, getting employee benefits and studying to gain an industry recognised Digital Marketing certification.
What will you learn?
You will learn theory of marketing, how to implement it digitally, the tools involved in the process and the technical know how to analyse outcomes of your digital campaigns, make reports on the outreach, troubleshoot problem areas, launch and relaunch, track progress, write content and make marketing plans. All this, not in the confines of a classroom but in the real world with real projects, real colleagues and real life marketing cases.
Digital Marketer Apprenticeship course curriculum
Professional qualification you can choose
Digital Marketer Apprenticeship entry requirements
Employers usually set the selection criteria, however mostly it might include GCSEs, A levels, a level 2 apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications, relevant experience and/or an aptitude test with a focus on functional maths. Along with this you will also adding value to your application with your passion and any other evidence of your work in Digital marketing.
Applied Business Academy Digital Marketing Apprenticeship outcome
sensitivity of communication
• Research: analyses and contributes information on the digital environment to inform short and long term digital communications strategies and
• Technologies: recommends and applies effective, secure and appropriate solutions using a wide variety of digital technologies and tools over a
range of platforms and user interfaces to achieve marketing objectives
• Data: reviews, monitors and analyses online activity and provides recommendations and insights to others
• Customer service: responds efficiently to enquiries using online and social media platforms.
• Problem solving: applies structured techniques to problem solving, and analyses problems and resolves issues across a variety of digital
• Analysis: understands and creates basic analytical dashboards using appropriate digital tools
• Implementation: builds and implements digital campaigns across a variety of digital media platforms
• Applies at least two of the following specialist areas: search marketing, search engine optimisation, e mail marketing, web analytics and
metrics, mobile apps and Pay-Per-Click
• Uses digital tools effectively
• Digital analytics: measures and evaluates the success of digital marketing activities
• Interprets and follows:
• latest developments in digital media technologies and trends
• marketing briefs and plans
• company defined ‘customer standards’ or industry good practice for marketing
• company, team or client approaches to continuous integration
• Can operate effectively in their own business’s, their customers’ and the industry’s environments
• Understands and can apply basic marketing principles
• Understands and can apply the customer lifecycle
• Understands the role of customer relationship marketing
• Understands how teams work effectively to deliver digital marketing campaigns and can deliver accordingly
• Understands the main components of Digital and Social Media Strategies
• Understands the principles of all of the following specialist areas: search marketing, search engine optimisation, e mail marketing, web
analytics and metrics, mobile apps and Pay-Per-Click and understands how these can work together
• Understands the similarities and differences, including positives and negatives, of all the major digital and social media platforms
• Understands and responds to the business environment and business issues related to digital marketing and customer needs
• Understands and follows digital etiquette
• Understands how digital platforms integrate in to the working environment
• Understands and follows the required security levels necessary to protect data across digital and social media platforms
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
• Can use own initiative
• A thorough and organised approach
• Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
• Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
• Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment
Expected job roles
Wherever possible our training is tailored to your needs. The cost of our training programmes depend on the course(s) you choose and varies according to duration and breadth. Rest assured we have a number of payment options available to ensure the cost of training is affordable and can be worked alongside your other financial commitments. Common ways people fund their training include
Funding & Grants
There may be the opportunity to apply for funded grants that can help towards the cost of training. All schemes will have different terms and conditions that will need to be met in order to qualify for a grant and these are managed by the ESFA.
We’d recommend you speak to our Course Advisor to discuss your requirements further.
You have an excellent opportunity to qualify for FREE funding that can help towards the cost of the training.
All schemes will have different terms and conditions that will need to be met in order to qualify for the funding options and these are managed by the ESFA in partnership with the training providers.
We’d recommend you speak to our Course Advisor to discuss your requirements further and find the best funding options available to you and to check if you qualify for this FREE training.
What we can help by
Speak to a Course Advisor for full information on the options available to you
If you are a small company and would like to train one of your staff, please speak to our advisor to know the funding options available to you!
For large businesses, we recommend speaking to one of our levy consultant to check for opportunities to utilise your levy fund whereby you can upskill your existing staff for Free!
Professional recognition with Applied Business Academy
Get ready for a promising Digital Marketing career in the top industries
There is no faster way to start your Digital Marketing career than an apprenticeship. You will be needed by all employers, large and small in all industries – financial, legal, retail, media production, medical, entertainment and many more.
General career progression
Excellent Training, Very Hands on. Fun learning Environment. Blended Learning was very good. I enjoyed the Practicals. Would highly recommend.
One of the most helpful and resourceful training centre with friendly staff greetings and over 10 years experienced tutors sharing their job prospects giving us real opportunity to get an insight into my aspiring IT job role. The teaching style is unique and would leave you hungry for more. I would definitely recommend this course.
Hello! my name is Alex and I am currently an apprentice for Applied Business Academy since September 2018. My key passion in life is to have a successful career in the Marketing and Advertising industry and for me, apprenticeships are a great starting point for anyone interested in earning whilst learning. I decided to choose a Digital Marketing Apprenticeship because it was the closest to what I wanted to learn about as well as learning things like Google Analytics which I probably wouldn't have come across before. The journey so far has been really beneficial as not only have I been getting real-life experiences that can be used as evidence I am now learning how to communicate, deal with clients and work in a professional manner. The most interesting aspect of this apprenticeship so far would be understanding the backbones of social media and how marketing is a huge part of making these platforms such a big success.
I have been a freelancer for so many years and my passion for learning something new brought me to applied business academy. I enrolled myself on their IT Diploma programme and it has been a rewarding journey so far. I’ve learned a lot and through practical application of the learning, I have gained valuable IT support skills. I’ve joined the weekend class and if I find it hard to cope, I am given the option to come anytime on weekdays to get one to one support from a qualified IT assessor. I would strongly recommend this level 2 course for anyone who wish to learn the basics of IT support and how to become 1st line support technician! A huge thumbs up to the team at ABA!
I was planning on not going to university and wanted to experience the world of work, expand on my skills and knowledge. Apprenticeships are a great way to get into work, to build from the ground up and gives you a chance to earn while you learn. I gained a lot of knowledge about digital marketing during my time in ABA. It really opened my eyes on what it will feel like to work in a professional environment everyday and I have improved a lot of skills over the period of time. The people are awesome and really friendly. The atmosphere at the office was fantastic; I got on well with everyone in my group. I would surely recommend it to anyone who wants to start a career in marketing.
Getting into the IT sector is a hard gateway, but if like myself, you have the same passion and determination alongside the right training provider and helpful people then it makes life a lot easier. For me, I had little knowledge and experience in IT, but as I said before I had the drive that I always wanted to go into IT. Hence when the IT diploma programme was offered to me by Applied Business Academy, I jumped at the opportunity. So far we have completed 5 weeks of the programme, and I have to admit for me it is going fantastically, for many reasons. Such as there is also the Virtual Learning Environment for me to study anytime at my own convenience, it is fun and the staff ae amazing! Whilst most my think that system support and hardware is for men, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the class was a wholesome mixture of both men and women.
Applied Business Academy’s fast-moving and exciting industry-driven Apprenticeships
Get ready with a smart advantage for your career