Apprenticeships are real life paid roles carried out while being in training towards obtaining recognised certifications. Both new and already employed staff members benefit from these programs by developing the required skills for a ‘realistic job’.
Matching a forward-thinking employer with an enthusiastic technician is a skill, one that we at Applied Business Academy have acquired over time. Employers in big and small organisations constantly wish to fill the skills gap and the Apprenticeship funding allows them to do that. We of course help the employers utilise the funding and upskill their employees with the latest digital qualifications.
Hire Fresh Digital Talent
The Apprenticeship scheme gives employers direct access to enthusiastic & motivated digital beings interested in launching their IT or digital career. Apprentices work with an employer for 12-24 months while undertaking key qualifications and soft skill development training with Applied Business Academy (BCS approved). On completion of the programme, employers can take the option to offer Apprentices a permanent full time position.
In-house Talent development programs
Not only bringing external talent, our training scheme can immensely benefit your existing internal workforce. We will work on expanding the knowledge base and skillset of your employees and equip them with key industry qualifications. This will be a great investment in ensuring they grow in today’s thriving digital economy and take your company to great heights of success.
You can find us in your Digital account using our UKPRN: 10062759
GOVERNMENT SPONSORED TRAINING
UK Government financially supports apprenticeships thereby reducing business costs. § Extra grants available Relevant grants and funding opportunities are available and we advise you to apply.
Our services to match your company with a suitable apprentice is free of cost.
IN HOUSE TALENT
Your current staff will stay ahead in the Digital skills shortage helping your company
BOOST BUSINESS PRODUCTIVITY
Statistics show that an apprentice boost productivity by 76%
Staff will receive management opportunities and will focus on strategic tasks
SHAPE YOUR OWN TALENT POOL
An apprentice brings fresh ideas, enthusiasm, and will transition in to your culture and processes
GREAT RETURNS ON INVESTMENT
The National Apprenticeship service estimates that for every £1 investment there is £18 return
The government of UK introduced a scheme known as the Apprenticeship Levy in May 2017. It has changed the way apprenticeships are funded for larger employers in the country.
The purpose of the Apprenticeship Levy is to enhance the quality and quantity of Apprenticeships in England, not just for fresh employees but also for your internal Workforce Development Programmes. As per the estimates, it is said that the Levy will heavily contribute towards the government target of 3 million Apprenticeships by 2020.
FOR ALL APPRENTICESHIPS:
After the implementation of the Apprentice Levy scheme, the rules for apprenticeships funding have changed completely.
Any company that has a payroll bill of over £3 million, can utilize their Apprenticeship Levy funds to directly finance their Apprenticeship program. The funds can be invested in training of brand new apprentices or even in an internal workforce development program.
A company that is below the threshold for the Apprenticeship Levy can still manage to gain access the Levy funding but will need to pay a 10% contribution towards Apprenticeship training, with the remaining 90% contribution paid by the government. Companies with under 50 staff can also get additional support if they chose to employ a 16-18 year old on the Apprenticeship scheme.
Companies of all sizes will be required to pay the Apprentice’s wage, as the Levy funding covers training and assessment costs only.